Arts Tasmania provides financial assistance to individuals and organisations for a defined project or program of activities. Financial assistance is made available through either a grant or a loan.
Grants and loans may be applied for through the appropriate funding round. Please check the closing dates for funding rounds carefully as most funding opportunities are only available once per year.
Toolkits are available for each funding round and are an essential part of the applications process. Please ensure you download the toolkit before you apply to check your eligibility, the assessment criteria and planning and budgeting templates.
What happens when you apply for a grant?
- Once you have submitted your application to Arts Tasmania it is processed by a program officer. The program officer will collate the applications and send them to an assessment panel or committee.
- The members of the panel review and rank your application against each of the criteria.
- The panel or committee then meets to discuss and review the applications. In the case of multi-artform panels and committees, each artform specialist will provide more information about the applications in their area of expertise and the members of the panel or committee determine their final rankings.
- The Tasmanian Arts Advisory Board considers the advice of the panel or committee and makes recommendations on funding.
- The Minister for the Arts considers the recommendations of the Tasmanian Arts Advisory Board and provides final approval for funded projects.
- If your application is successful, you will receive notification from the Minister for the Arts, as well as a deed and an EFT form to sign and return.
- If your application is not successful, you will receive notification from Arts Tasmania.
Before you start your application please read the application guide section of this website.