Corporate Art Scheme Commission
|Location||Franklin River Picnic Area, Lyell Highway|
|Artwork||Hero Story Stop - Landscape artwork/s or installation|
|Artwork budget||$70 000 + GST (if applicable)|
The new Western Wilds is a journey of discovery through the powerful wilderness stories of western Tasmania. The journey will include commissioned artworks at key sites to compel travellers to explore western Tasmania at a slower pace to experience all it has to offer.
This commission is an opportunity for an artist to create an artwork that creatively interprets an iconic wilderness story. It should inspire visitors to stop and explore the site.
Franklin River Picnic Area is on the Lyell Highway about 25 kilometres west of Derwent Bridge located in the Wild Rivers National Park. It is part of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.
- Artist's brief - Franklin River Picnic Area, Lyell Highway - PDF
- Tasmanian Government Art Site Scheme Artists' Handbook - PDF
Submissions and enquiries
Applications are made using our online application form. Click on the link below to start a new application.
If you have any questions about this commission please contact:
- Catherine Wolfhagen (03) 6777 2791 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Smith (03) 6777 2789 - email@example.com
- Wendy Morrorw (03) 6165 6665 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Online applications close 11:59 pm, Sunday 28 October 2018