Tasmanian Theatre Fund
The Tasmanian Government recognises the importance of the theatre sector as an integral part of our cultural and creative industries.
Through Arts Tasmania, the Tasmanian Government seeks expressions of interest (EOIs) to develop programs of high-quality theatre production for a two-year period commencing no later than 1 April 2019.
Activities are to occur across Tasmania, develop audiences and reflect Tasmanian identity.
Expressions of interest are submitted through the online application system SmartyGrants. Applicants will need to register or log in to SmartyGrants before starting their EOI.
Opens: 2 November 2018
Closes: 3 December 2018
Notification will occur in January 2019.
Activities must commence by 1 April 2019.
Who can apply?
Applicants must meet Arts Tasmania’s general eligibility requirements.
Organisations currently receiving multi-year support or direct funding from the Tasmanian Government are not eligible to apply.
Individuals, groups, organisations, or consortiums are eligible for this opportunity.
How much can I apply for?
This one-off fund will see funds of $200 000 per annum allocated for two years of activity, commencing no later than 1 April 2019 ($400 000 in total).
Arts Tasmania expects that arts professionals are paid fairly for their work and has developed artist remuneration guidelines for anyone employing or engaging professional artists.
Artist fees should be included in application budgets.
You may submit one expression of interest.
How will applications be assessed?
EOIs will be assessed by a peer panel against the following criteria:
Quality of proposed program
- What is the proposed artistic program for the first year?
- What plans do you have for the presentation of new work over the two years?
- Who are the key personnel involved in your proposal? This could include members of your board, management committee, artistic directorate or advisory panel.
- What plans do you have for employing and developing Tasmanian artists and arts workers?
- What plans do you have for developing audiences (including touring) and growing earned income, including box office revenue?
- What are your audience projections?
- What plans are in place around partnerships? This may include relationships with venues, other funding bodies, sponsors and philanthropists, and other arts organisations.
How do I submit my expression of interest?
Your EOI must be completed online before 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please contact Arts Tasmania before the closing date if you are unable to submit electronically.
Material received after the closing date will not be considered.
Help with your expression of interest
You can discuss your EOI with a member of Arts Tasmania’s grants team before the closing date.
Contact the grants team on 03 6165 6666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Arts Tasmania’s newsletter for funding and program announcements.
View all programs and key dates.