Regional Arts Fund - Community Grants
The Regional Arts Fund is an Australian Government initiative supporting cultural activity in regional and remote Australia, the program is administered in the state by Arts Tasmania. The objectives, general eligibility and guidelines for the Regional Arts Fund in Tasmania are available here.
Round 1, 2018 (For projects commencing after 1 August 2018), closed on 15 March 2018. Announcements should be made in late June 2018.
Round 2, 2018 (For projects commencing after 1 February 2019)
Opens: Wednesday, 4 July 2018
Closes: Wednesday, 15 August 2018
The announcement of funding is made by the Federal Minister about four and half months after applications are submitted. At this time successful applicants will be notified by phone. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email and will be given the opportunity to receive feedback.
Who can apply?
All artists and arts organisations in Tasmania, including Hobart based organisations and artists, are classified as regional and therefore meet the location eligibility criterion of the Regional Arts Fund. Further to this requirement:
- Individuals and organisations can apply for Regional Arts Fund Community Grants provided they are based in Tasmania and where the primary beneficiaries are Tasmanian residents
- Young and emerging artists, artists from diverse cultural backgrounds, Indigenous artists and artists with disability are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applications from remote and isolated communities, or communities experiencing significant disadvantage are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must have an ABN, or, if they do not have an ABN, must have an auspicing organisation to manage their grant. Groups and organisations should either be legally incorporated or, like individual applicants, have an auspicing organisation prepared to administer the grant on their behalf.
How much can I apply for?
RAF Small Community Grants Program
This category funds eligible components of projects up to the value of $5 000. Projects should support Tasmanian artists, arts organisations and communities in developing new work or creative projects in any art form. Projects should increase professional skill levels, promote dialogue, generate employment opportunities and/or activate partnerships. Funds can be used to develop a project for further funding through RAF or other sources.
RAF Major Community Grants Program
Up to $10 000 and are directed towards both individuals and organisations for projects that generate partnerships between a range of arts organisations, community organisations, government entities and businesses. Projects in this category should encourage sustainable arts and cultural development activity by enhancing the organisational capacity of the grant recipient to plan and deliver on major projects.
Who will assess my application?
All applications are assessed against the RAF Program Objectives.
Regional Arts Fund Community Grants are independently assessed by the Regional Arts Fund Panel comprised of leading Tasmanian artists and arts workers.
In the event that a sitting member of the Regional Arts Fund Assessment Panel has a perceived or real conflict of interest with an application they shall declare that conflict and will be excluded from the assessment process for that application.
What do I need to provide with my application?
The following information is required:
- The completed application form including a balanced project budget.
- Details of your auspicing organisation (if required)
- A one page resume/CV for all paid professional personnel in the project. (If you can we recommend you consolidate these into one PDF)
- Samples of artwork by paid artists and key artistic personnel involved in the project. (This can include images, PowerPoint slides, soundtracks, videos, catalogues, reviews, articles, programs or critiques – quality rather than quantity is the recommendation here).
- A maximum of three support letters. (If you can we recommend you consolidate these into one PDF)
- Confirmation of key personnel (eg by email or a scanned copy of a letter). (If you can we recommend you consolidate these into one PDF)
How do I apply?
All applications are developed and submitted through the online application system SmartyGrants. Applicants will need to register or log in to SmartyGrants before starting their application.
Applications can be developed and submitted as soon as the grant round opens. Applicants are able to save and revisit an application as many times as they wish until either the grant round has closed or the application has been submitted. Once an application is submitted it cannot be reopened and the RAF Manager is not able to make changes or attach additional documents.
Help with your application
We recommend you seek advice from an Arts Tasmania program officer before submitting your application.
For all enquiries please call 6165 6666 or email email@example.com
Register for email updates to be kept informed of Arts Tasmania's funding and program announcements.
See programs and key dates for other investment opportunities provided by Arts Tasmania.
Equity - for information relating to services provided by Arts Tasmania to assist applicants in overcoming any special difficulties in applying for Arts Tasmania's programs of investment.