Cultural Heritage Organisations
This program supports museums, galleries and collections to deliver a range of high quality cultural heritage activities that strengthen Tasmania's robust, diverse and vibrant cultural heritage sector, engage and inspire audiences and the wider community, and preserve Tasmania's movable cultural heritage.
For multi-year support see Cultural Heritage Organisations (multi-year).
Applications are currently closed
Opens: 14 August 2020
Closes: 5 October 2020
For activities commencing after 1 July 2021.
Notification will occur within ten weeks of the closing date.
Who can apply?
Tasmanian museums, galleries and collections that are open to the public for regular hours.
If applying for funding towards a project, organisations must:
- be Tasmanian-based, legally constituted and responsible for managing a publicly owned collection of movable cultural heritage.
- have a publicly accessible collection, and the organisation must have, or be working towards, regular opening hours.
If applying for funds towards a program, organisations must:
- be managed by one or more paid collections professional(s) whose hours total one full time equivalent (one full time position = 36 hours per week). The professional(s) should have relevant qualifications in heritage, fine arts or museum studies, or five years professional experience in a relevant position.
- manage a significant, publicly owned, permanent collection of movable cultural heritage objects or artworks.
Applicants must also meet Arts Tasmania’s general eligibility requirements.
For this program, some exclusions apply. These are:
- Privately owned or federal government collections.
- Tasmanian Government Departments or Tasmanian Government Business Enterprises.
What can I apply for?
You can apply for funds towards a project or funds towards a program of public activities.
Projects must improve the curatorial and collection management practices of your public collections or museums. Activities include permanent exhibitions, temporary exhibitions, touring exhibitions, lectures, workshops, tours, marketing and education and outreach programs.
Funds can also be sought to support the professional management of collections, including improving access to collections, the improvement of museums management policies, collections care and product development.
If applying for funds towards a program of public activities which relates to your collection or an exhibition program, you can include operational costs.
If applying for archival materials, contact Archival Survival for a quote, which will need to be attached to the application.
How will applications be assessed?
Applications will be assessed by a peer panel against the criteria of:
For more information, please visit criteria.
How do I submit my application?
Your application must be completed online before 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please contact Arts Tasmania before the closing date if you are unable to submit electronically.
Material received after the closing date will not be considered.
Help with your application
You can discuss your application with a member of Arts Tasmania’s grants team before the closing date.
Contact the grants team on 03 6165 6666 or email@example.com
Sign up for Arts Tasmania’s newsletter for funding and program announcements.
View all programs and key dates.