The 146 ArtStudios
|Studio||15 m2||Suitable for a single artist, design collaboration or small creative business enterprise|
|Studio 2||10.5 m2||Suitable for a single occupant|
|Studio 3||12 m2||Suitable for a single occupant|
|Studio 4 and 5 |
|28m2 in total|
Suitable for two people.
This studio would suit a collaboration, small creative business or two individual people who are happy to work together in one large space.
The five studios and are located on the first floor of 146 Elizabeth Street, the home of Arts Tasmania. They are accessed via a discrete staircase and are, therefore, not suitable for those with restricted mobility.
Studio images and floor plan
Click on the links below to view images and a floor plan of the studio spaces:
Note: the studios all differ in the amount of natural light.
License duration and usage
Licenses run from 30 May 2016 to 30 November 2017.
It is expected that tenants will use the studios for a minimum of 20 hours per week in order to ensure the best outcomes from the opportunity.
Note that these studios are based in Hobart. If an applicant living outside a reasonable commuting distance wishes to apply, information must be included as to how the applicant will meet the 20 hour per week expected usage.
Access and keys
24 hour access is provided to the 146 ArtStudios via an electronic key card and an individual studio key.
Studio facilities and services include
- Provision of paid 100/40 Mbps NBN service
- Access to kitchen and toilet facilities
- Access to 16m2 meeting room for all studio tenants to share
- Access to disabled access meeting room during office hours
- All electricity and water costs.
- Tenants are charged a subsidised studio rental. The rates for 2016 are $132 inc. GST per month for each studio 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Rent is payable by Direct Debit only, deducted each month from a nominated bank account.
- The studio rent includes the facilities and services noted above however the tenant is responsible for all other costs associated with the studio including fit out, technical equipment and insurance for contents and equipment.
- While the studios do not have telephones, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) can be accessed over the internet. Tenants will need to arrange and pay for this service.
- Studio rent amounts are based on one person occupying each studio only. Should you wish to share a studio space with an additional person/s and submit a joint or collaborative application the rent will increase by 25 per cent per person each month. For example: two people sharing studio 2 will pay $165 per month – an additional $33 per month.
- All tenants must have a minimum of $10 million public liability insurance cover.
Tenants are required to pay a key deposit of $45. This amount will be deducted via Direct Debit in addition to the first monthly rent payment. The $45 deposit will be refunded to a nominated bank account following a final inspection of the studio and the return of the key/s and security card.
Tenants will be charged $15 to replace a lost key and $30 to replace a lost security card.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- The studios are not equipped to deal with heavy materials, dangerous processes or toxic chemicals.
- The floorboards will not accept hot or very heavy materials.
- Given the proximity to other work places tenants are not to create excessive noise. Work which requires ongoing, considerable noise should be carried out off the premises.
- There is no lift access to the studios so access is limited for those with restricted mobility.