Assessment guidelines - Manufacturing Design Fellowship
These guidelines are designed to:
- help applicants understand the sorts of things assessors may consider when assessing applications
- serve as prompts for assessors to consider in assessing submissions against the criteria of quality and reach.
The prompts are provided only as examples of the things that assessors may consider. Applicants are not required to address all the prompts one by one in their submissions, but if they are relevant, consider how they are reflected in their applications.
It is very important to note that not all of the prompts will apply to each application and the prompts may vary slightly or be weighted differently between the different programs.
Application assessment guidelines
|Criteria ||Indicator ||The panel may consider|
|Quality 50% || |
Strength of artistic practice
- Is the proposal clear – what is it, who is involved, when and where?
- How strong is the applicant's artistic practice/professional career?
- What is the quality of work previously produced?
- What is the applicant's depth of experience for their career stage?
- How is the applicant recognised by their peers in the design sector?
- What is the significance and recognition of the applicant's professional achievement within the design sector?
| || |
Progression – fresh artistic approaches, experimentation and creative challenge in career, practice and professional development
- How does this proposal develop the applicant as a designer / design sector?
- How does this proposal demonstrate professional or career progression?
- What is the quality of this particular opportunity in extending/ augmenting the applicant's practice, building skills, immersion in the design sector?
| || |
Currency – timeliness in career, relevance to career development, potential for growth in practice
- What is the context of the proposal in the applicant's career?
- Why this, why now, why this project?
- What is the significance of this particular opportunity and its standing relevant to the artform, applicant and career stage?
| || |
Capacity – calibre of personnel, resource and financial management, planning
- How viable is the proposal? Is there a project plan?
- Are the timelines, planning, use of resources realistic and achievable? Has sufficient evidence of this been provided?
- Is the budget realistic and accurate?
- What is the calibre of the people involved? Why has the applicant chosen to work with them? What do they contribute to the project?
- Does the host organisation have the capacity to support the proposal?
|Reach 50% ||What are the outcomes of the fellowship? || |
- Does the fellowship result in specific outcomes, e.g. professional development, audience/industry development, profile development?
- What is the impact of these outcomes?
| ||Growth – diversity and development of audiences/markets, career, professional capacity, new contexts and new connections || |
- How does this particular proposal build the applicant's career, exposure, and/or practice in new contexts with new connections?
- Does it build new markets for the applicant's work? How successfully will it do this?
- Does the proposal show how the applicant will utilise what they have gained from this opportunity and apply it to future career development?
| ||Engagement – participation, access, involvement of peers, public and/or specific audience or market sectors || |
- Does the proposal show how the applicant will utilise what they have gained from this opportunity and apply it to future sector/market/audience engagement in their career?