|Criteria||Indicator||Peers may consider|
Strength of artistic concept and artistic practice
- How strong is the artistic concept?
- Is the proposed project clear – what is it, who is involved, when and where?
- How strong is the artistic practice?
- What is the quality of work previously produced?
- How is the applicant recognised by their peers in the artform/sector?
Creativity – imagination, originality
- How interesting/exciting/inventive is the proposal?
- Does the proposal demonstrate creative thinking that suggests strong artistic/professional development potential?
Progression – fresh artistic approaches, experimentation and creative challenge
- How does this proposal develop the applicant's specified artform/sector?
- Does it develop the applicant's creative practice?
- Does this proposal demonstrate artistic or career progression?
- Is there evidence of artistic or professional development challenge/risk that shows potential for further development?
- What is the quality of this particular opportunity in extending/ augmenting the applicant's practice/career, building skills, immersion in the artform?
Currency – timeliness in career, relevance to career development, potential for growth in practice
- What is the context of the project in the applicant's career?
- Why this, why now, why this project?
- What is the significance of this particular opportunity and its standing relevant to the artform, applicant and career stage?
Capacity – calibre of personnel, resource and financial management, planning
- How viable is the project/program? Is there a project plan?
- Are the timelines, planning, use of resources realistic and achievable? Has sufficient evidence of this been provided?
- Is the budget realistic and accurate?
- What is the calibre of the people involved? Why has the applicant chosen to work with them? What do they contribute to the project?
- Has the applicant established relationships and started dialogue with people important to the proposed location and the project?
|Reach 30%||What are the outcomes of the project?|
- Does the project result in specific outcomes, e.g. professional development, audience/industry development, profile development?
- What is the impact of these outcomes?
|Audience/market, professional and career development – numbers, professional growth, marketing strategy, promotion, diversity, contexts and connection|
- How does this particular opportunity build the applicant's career, exposure, and/or practice in new contexts with new connections?
- Does it build new markets for the applicant's work? How successfully will it do this?
- Does the proposal show how the applicant will utilise what they have gained from this opportunity and apply it to future career and practice development?
|Engagement – participation, access, involvement of peers, the public and/or specific audience or market sectors|
- Does the proposal show how the applicant will use this opportunity to expand or develop their practice and invigorate their own professional development and/or artform/sector?
- Does the proposal increase or diversify opportunities for collaboration or practice development with other artists? How well?
- Does the proposal show how the applicant will bring back what they have gained from this opportunity and apply it to future sector/market/audience engagement?
- Does the proposal engage with other communities of interest and/or communities of practice? How well does it do this?